Vacation rental house rules template
5 January 2023
Share this link on your Social Media
When renting a holiday home, establishing a list of vacation rental house rules may not be among the priorities for the owners of holiday homes or Airbnb.
Nonetheless, among the most important activities on how to manage a vacation rental, is a regulation that defines the rules, prohibitions and restrictions for the guests who decide to stay in the facility, whether it is managed for business use or intended for tourists.
To help you managing your vacation rental, we have created a free house rules template ready to download.
If you think this is not a crucial aspect, remember that even Airbnb has introduced, in the last Airbnb Winter Release 2022, new ground rules for guests to respect and which concern 3 application categories: cleaning, communication and other house rules, like for example check-in and check-out times.
Furthermore, establishing a regulation for holiday homes is not only helpful to safeguard hosts, but also to help guests understand what to expect from their stay and if their needs will be satisfied.
For example, many guests need to travel with their pets, while many holiday home owners include within their bans the possibility to bring dogs or cats. Specifying the regulation of a holiday home before the stay will help both parties avoid bad surprises and will keep you safe from unpleasant reviews (if you want to know more about Airbnb reviews, read our dedicated article).
If you have never considered using a vacation rental house rules before, here you will find a brief guide with everything you need to include, starting from the most general elements like the maximum capacity or the possibility to introduce other visitors, up to more precise indications like garbage recycling options or the use of some areas.
- Number of guests allowed: in addition to the number of guests that can be hosted in relation to the beds available, it is equally important to specify if in your vacation rental extra visitors are accepted and the limit of people guests can invite.
- Time slots: if your vacation rental is located in an apartment building or you are in a residential area, dedicating a point to the respect of rest hours can be helpful to avoid quarrels with neighbors and continue your activity as host peacefully.
- Check-out: this section is useful to specify not only the check-out time but also the precautions that guests should follow in this phase like eventual rules regarding separate collection or cleaning (in this respect, you can download our Airbnb cleaning checklist and have the guide always at hand).
- Behaviors to adopt in case of damage: the inventory of items and furniture of the house is usually present in the vacation rental agreement, nonetheless in the holiday home regulation you can mention the behaviors to adopt in case something gets damaged, comprehending more drastic measures, such as the failure to return the deposit, or the simple request to report any damage (which can always happen) immediately.
- Use of household appliances: with a view to avoid the scenarios mentioned above, some brief instructions can be included in order to guide guests in the use of the technology present in the house.
- Contacts: in addition to including a section with emergency numbers and other useful contacts, your guests will appreciate it if you leave them a contact as reference for all matters regarding the holiday home.
At this point you should have clear the fundamental points of a perfect holiday home regulation.
To help you decide which are the most important rules for a vacation rental, we have created a vacation rental house rules template that can be downloaded and sent online to your guests before their arrival, or that can be printed and hung, for example in the doorway of the holiday home, so that guests can always see it during their stay.
🏡 Why establish a vacation rental house rules?
Establishing a vacation rental house rules will help you to make it clear to guests what is allowed within the property and will shelter you from damage and problems. It will also help guests understand what to expect from their stay, promoting clarity between the parties.
💻 What to include in your vacation rental house rules?
Every vacation rental has its own rules, however, there are certain issues that should be present in every vacation rental house rules. In our opinion, some of the most important ones include specifics on time slots, what to do in case of damage, the number of any visitors allowed, and the contact information in case of need.
Share this link on your Social Media:
Share this article on social networks:Making your vacation rental appear truly appealing is a difficult but...
Share this article on social networks:Overbooked hotel is a common scenario in the hospitality industry and...
Share this article on social networks:In the post-pandemic scenario, eco-friendly travels established...