AirCover Airbnb: What is it and how does the insurance for Airbnb hosts work?
13 June 2023
Share this article on Social Networks:
Have you ever heard of Airbnb’s Aircover? If you are an Airbnb host or are considering becoming one, this guide is made especially for you. In this article, we will explore in detail Aircover Airbnb, an insurance designed specifically for homeowners, managers, and property managers who want to protect their property from unforeseen circumstances. We will find out what Aircover is, how it works, how to activate it, its cost and what aspects are covered by the insurance. If you are interested in protecting your experience as a host on Airbnb, keep reading to learn more!
AirCover Airbnb is the exclusive protection program offered by Airbnb to its hosts that replaced and enhanced, starting from 2021, the previous insurance service of the platform, Host Protection. AirCover provides global coverage, protecting homeowners in over 220 countries and regions, and up to an amount equal to 3 million euros for damages and up to 1 million euros for civil liability.
If you’re wondering what the difference is between damage protection and civil liability, the former covers in case the accommodation or personal belongings are damaged by a guest during an Airbnb stay, while the latter applies when a guest gets hurt during a stay or suffers an accident during an Airbnb Experience.
AirCover is automatically activated when you start hosting on Airbnb and publish your first ad on the platform. This means that AirCover is a totally free service and without Airbnb service fees, and you don’t have to do anything to activate it.
Regarding the damages and costs covered by the insurance, this service provides protection in multiple situations, such as:
- Protection against damages up to 3 million USD
- Protection towards works of art and valuable items
- Protection for damages caused to cars and boats
- Protection against damages caused by pets
- Refund for extra cleaning caused by a particularly tumultuous stay
- Protection against lost earnings, if the host is forced to cancel subsequent bookings due to damages caused by guests
In addition to these, AirCover provides other protection tools for hosts, including identity verification to confirm the authenticity of the information provided by your potential guests; monitoring of all those reservations that risk turning into private parties and could damage the property and 24-hour active safety support.
Filing a claim with Airbnb AirCover is a relatively simple process. Before we see step by step how to do it, however, remember to first contact the guest with your refund request, if you think he is responsible for the damage that has been caused to you or that he has violated the vacation rental house rules. If the guest refuses to pay – or assigns you a lower amount than agreed – you can follow the following procedure, or assign this task to your Airbnb Co Host:
- Log into your Airbnb account – Once you have logged in, go to the “Help Center” section.
- Go to the “AirCover” section – In the Help Center, you will find a section dedicated to AirCover. Here, you will see an option to “File a claim”. Click on it to start the process.
- Fill out the claim form – You will be directed to an online claim form. Here, you will need to provide specific details about the claim, including the date of the incident, a description of what happened, and any other relevant details. Be sure to include all the information necessary to help Airbnb fully understand the situation.
- Submit the evidence – In many cases, Airbnb may ask you to provide evidence to support your claim. This could include photographs of the damages, receipts for repairs, or medical documentation in case of injuries. Be sure to submit all the required evidence to support your claim.
- Submit your claim – Once you have filled out the form and uploaded all the evidence, you can submit your claim. Airbnb will consider your claim and will contact you with a response via a Support Ambassador. Remember, it’s important to file your claim as soon as possible after the incident (your maximum time to take advantage of the refund guaranteed by AirCover is within 14 days of the guest’s check-out).
AirCover has received positive reviews from many Airbnb hosts. Hosts appreciate the security that comes from knowing that their property is protected in case of accidents, particularly and especially for the title of free insurance.
Moreover, having been recently implemented and improved with the Winter Release 2022, AirCover is even more convenient. However, as with any insurance policy, there are always some situations where coverage might not be applicable. Therefore, it is essential to read the terms and conditions carefully and fully understand what is covered and what is not.
🌍 What is AirCover Airbnb?
AirCover Airbnb is the protection program offered by Airbnb to its hosts. It has replaced and improved the previous insurance service, Host Protection, from 2021. It offers global coverage that protects homeowners in over 220 countries and regions.
💼 What coverage does AirCover Airbnb offer?
AirCover Airbnb provides coverage up to 3 million euros for damages and up to 1 million euros for civil liability. It covers damage to the accommodation or personal belongings caused by a guest during an Airbnb stay and civil liability if a guest gets hurt during a stay or an Airbnb Experience.
🚀 How does AirCover Airbnb work and what is its cost?
AirCover is automatically and freely activated when you start hosting on Airbnb and publish your first listing. It covers a variety of situations, including damage to valuable items, damage to cars and boats, damage caused by pets, and reimbursement for extra cleaning or cancellations due to damages.
⭐ What do hosts say about AirCover Airbnb in their reviews?
Many Airbnb hosts have left positive reviews about AirCover, appreciating the security it offers in protecting their properties. Its free nature is particularly appreciated by hosts. However, it is always important to read the terms and conditions carefully to understand what is covered and what is not.
💡 How can I determine the suitable minimum stay policy for my accommodation facility?
To determine the suitable minimum stay policy, it is important to consider the location and target market, operating costs, supply and demand, competition, type of clientele, seasonality, and profitability objectives.
👌 How can I manage the minimum stay policy efficiently?
The use of management software for accommodation facilities, like Octorate, can simplify the management of the minimum stay policy. Such software allows you to easily set the policy for each room and period of the year, automating the application of the policy to bookings.
Book a Free Demo
Book a Demo to see how Octorate can simplify the management of your Hotel, B&B, Vacation rental, Apartment or Hostel.
Try it now for free!
Purchase a subscription of at least a year and Octorate rewards you with 2 months of completely free usage!
Share this article on Social Networks:In the hotel industry, knowing the types of hotel rooms and their...
Share this article on Social Networks:In the hospitality industry, the phenomenon of no-shows in hotels is...
Condividi l'articolo sui Social NetworkEvery day, thousands of travelers around the world plan their trips....