Hotel rates types: discover the best pricing for your hotel
25 May 2022
Countless times you have probably wondered how to correctly set hotel rates for your accommodation. Just as countless are the tools that allow you to monitor the performance and therefore suggest the best selling price for your rooms or apartments, on the basis of a careful analysis of specific parameters related to the most different features of the market.
Without getting too technical, however, we can certainly say that offering your customers a wide range of possibilities, a wide selection of rates, can without any doubt allow your guest to choose the rate plan that suits them best and thus increase the bookings.
- B2C – Business to Customer The end consumer is the one who searches for rates and completes the connection process for himself to any of the direct booking sites (Booking Engine) or through the OTAs (Booking.com, Airbnb, and the other sites for renting vacation rental homes and hotels)
- B2B – Business to Business In this case, there is a third person between the accommodation and the end consumer who, like a bridge, provides a connection, as an intermediary in the booking process. Classic examples of intermediaries are travel agencies or tour operators, with whom specific contracts are concluded for the sale of the rates.
- Room Only The cost of the room only includes the overnight stay in the chosen room/apartment.
- B&B The breakfast is included.
- HB – Half board It is the rate that in addition to the breakfast, also includes another meal choosing between lunch and dinner.
- FB – Full Board The rate including breakfast and both main meals.
- All Inclusive This rate is usually found in tourist resorts where, in addition to the main meals and the breakfast, drinks and snacks are included.
- Not Ref – Non Refundable These are the hotel rates that cost less than the standard rate (usually about 10 per cent off) exactly because they represent rates that cannot be modified nor cancelled. Reservations of NR rates, in fact, are collected immediately and no refund is paid to the end consumer in case of cancellation.
- FLEX The exact opposite of the type of rate just described: flexible hotel rates, as the name suggests, guarantee the guest freedom to change and to cancel the reservation, according to cancellation policies established by the accommodation, which are far less restrictive than those related to the Standard rate.
📉 What does the Bottom Rate show in Hotel pricing?
🎢 What does the Rack Rate show in hotel pricing?
❓What are the main hotel rates?
- Room Only -When the cost of the room only includes the overnight stay
- B&B – When the breakfast is included.
- HB – Half board – When, in addition to breakfast, one of the meals between lunch and dinner is also included.
- FB – Full Board -It includes breakfast and both main meals.
- All Inclusive – A rate available in tourist resorts where, in addition to the main meals and breakfast, drinks and snacks are included.
- Non Refundable – Rates that cost less than standard ones, because they represent the rates that cannot be modified nor cancelled.
- FLEX – These rates guarantee the guest the freedom to change and to cancel the reservation, according to the cancellation policies established by the accommodation, which are far less restrictive than those for the Standard rate.
🆒 What are the package deals and what are they for?
Share this article on social networks:Travelling makes you feel alive and is one of the favourite moments in...
Share this article on social networks:In this Octorate blog article, we will provide you with guidelines to...
Share this article on social networks: Cleaning the rooms of your hotel may seem a simple task, but it isn’t...